One half chicken breast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 cups of cabbage
2 tsp chili sauce
1/2 cup of chicken broth
dash of salt
dash of pepper
|I used Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce (from the maker of Sriracha)|
- Cut chicken into bite size.
- Mix corn starch and soy sauce into chicken piece in a lunch box.
- Cover and marinate overnight.
- Cut cabbage into half inch strips.
- Heat oil in a wok on high heat for a minute. Don't let it scorch.
- Stir in cabbage.
- Coat them with heated oil and stir, stir, stir until slightly transparent.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat to medium high and cook until slightly soft. Don't overcook.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Use remaining oil and add 1 tbsp oil, if needed.
- Stir in chicken pieces.
- Coat them with heated oil and stir fry until surface changed to white. About 3 minutes.
- Mix cooked cabbage, hot sauce into the wok.
- Stir fry on high heat for about 2 minutes. Sample the chicken pieces, make sure no longer pink inside.
- Remove from heat. Ready to serve with steam rice.
Technique of stir frying: Coat the ingredients with heated oil and keep stirring until cooked. This will allow meat to be tender and evenly cooked.
I prefer olive oil is because of flavor and healthy benefits. You can use vegetable oil.