Whenever I feel like cooking some meatless dish, I look for what I can find in the refrigerator. I don't necessarily buying specific ingredients during my weekly grocery run.
- Question: Can you replace meat with tofu?
- Answer: Yes. But I normally use defrosted frozen tofu to create meat texture. Fresh soft tofu is mushy and fresh hard tofu is hard to mix with other vegetables. (recipe coming soon)
|Vegan Dumplings made for Pot Stickers|
1 cup Black Fungus 黑木耳, finely chopped
1 cup Napa Cabbage 大白菜, finely chopped
1 cup Mushrooms, chopped (shitake mushroom is ideal, but any mushroom works)
1/2 tablespoon cooking oil to sauté mushroom
1/2 teaspoon Ginger, Minced
1/2 teaspoon Garlic, Minced
1/2 tablespoon Scallions, Minced
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
|Basic Savory for Dumplings|
- Sauté chopped mushrooms in oil over medium heat until soften
- Remove from heat. Let cool and mix with all other ingredients.
- Assemble with defrosted dumpling wrappers. Follow instruction on package.
- You can pan fry like pot stickers or boil as dumplings, depends on quality of dumpling wrapper. If hard to fold and seal, cook them as pot stickers instead.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Post your comments below. Thank you.