The important thing is buying the correct items. Kimbo Dimsum Hap and Wei-Chuan Pork Mini Buns can be found at Viet Hoa International Market. They can be kept in the freezer for a few months.
|Steam these ready-to-cook dimsum pieces bought at Viet Hoa International Market.
- Traditional flavor is to cook them in bamboo baskets. Alternative is using stainless steel steam pot.
- Wet the baskets and follow instruction on package for water amount.
- Line the baskets with vegetable leaves to prevent sticking and food fall into water. I used bok choy. Alternatives are Napa cabbage, green leave lettuce, kale or waxed paper.
- Steam over high heat for 10 minutes, or directed by the manufacturers. Don't over cook the sticky rice wrapped dim sum. They will not retain the shape when mushy.
- When done, remove baskets from the pot and place on plates.
- Ready to enjoy.